Good feelings.

Thursday, March 06, 2014

Through out the hectic day that is today, I keep floating back to the perfection of last night.

Our show had ended, and the television went dark.
We were so comfortable, nobody moved to change it.
It was raining outside, and the lights strung above our bed were softly glowing.
You were absentmindedly rubbing my calves, and I was stroking your chest.
We were silent.
I could tell the exact moment you fell asleep.
Your hand slowly stilled and your breathing grew heavier.
And there I stayed.
Motionless.
Increasingly thankful for the movement of your chest.
Knowing that each rise and fall meant that you were still there.


It was such a perfect moment. The rain. The light. The love.

I'm so thankful to be alive.
I'm so thankful you're alive.
I'm so thankful to have each other.

I don't want to forget.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground